Wichita Home

All About Wichita and Wichita Real Estate

Bad Time To Be In Real Estate ? Au Contraire!

012Yesterday I was in a meeting and one of the Ladies noticed I was a Realtor. Her first response was “bad time to be your business.”

I looked at her in surprise and, yes, I said it, au contraire. Being a bit embarrassed by my response  I quickly explained that no, it was actually a great time to be in the real estate business. The residential side anyway. Especially here in Wichita Kansas.

Seems all the Realtors I know are staying busy, quite busy considering the time of year 0971and the so called recession the country is in. Sure there is a lot of bad news and lots of foreclosures and short sales. People are shopping though. Investors are out in force picking up cheap properties in anticipation of the recovery.

While the unemployment situation is not good as it approaches 10% , that still leaves 90% employed, and their an active 90%.

As everyone knows interest rates are really good right now and inspiring people to buy. Of course the big Government tax incentive is helping immensely and prices are still affordable. All in all the market is doing well.

So I have to disagree, I think it’s a great time to be in the real estate business, to be a Realtor.

Advertisements

November 11, 2009 - Posted by | Uncategorized

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: